1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Helped my parents fill out their ballots last night, dropped off my ballot today. Knocking doors this weekend. I'm usually spewing "Don't get nervous, Get Busy" but honestly, I've seen so many failures of democratic processes since Trump came to power. I wish the polls weren't close, when Harris wins it will only lead to more conspiracy theories. A Trump win would remind me of the ending scene in A Towering Inferno with Paul Newman looking at the burned out tower.

" I don't know. Maybe they just oughta leave it the way it is. Kind of a shrine to all the bullshit in the world."

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don’t know a great way to say this: I feel sick at my stomach.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article294417169.html

Low turnout of Black voters during early voting in Georgia

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

FOLLOW THE MONEY.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought I would share something fun amid all the stress regarding the election. My daughter told me last night she was coming home from college for the weekend. She said not to tell her mother. She wanted to surprise one of us and she knew I was better at keeping a secret. I managed to quietly get her in the house, so she could surprise her mom. Very sweet little moment.

We get another one tomorrow. The three of us are going to go vote together. There is an early voting location just a few minutes from home. It is my daughter's first time voting in a presidential election and she is very excited about it. :)

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So if he doesn't explain why they are different, what is the fucking point?

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Dont even have to punch hard if you punch them in the throat.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

How is it possible to know? Can only accurately report numbers and affiliation. But it’s different. More registered republicans voting in early. Are they Haley crossovers? Are they cannibalizing their Election Day vote? Is enthusiasm off the charts for trump?

And drastically different means this election is going to be unusual. Which will be significant when we know which way it goes.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’ll swing a hammer to build the “reeducation” camps where the GOP fucks get a real, final education.

Draft saved Draft deleted