1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

If trans athletes were stealing roster spots and demoralizing cisgender females throughout the nation, advocates would have plenty of ammunition to make their argument.

Instead, they keep attacking these same two track stars in Connecticut. Just like all the focus was on Caster Semanaya and no one else in world track and field.

Plus, the final paragraph is objectively false. Cisgender girls have beaten the trans participants in recent races. And times, not results, matter to college recruiters.

We've had this discussion as nauseum on this board, and there are worthy elements to a national and global discussion about fair competition for trans athletes without diminishing the opportunities for cisgender athletes, but it pisses me off that the same couple of athletes get used as sociopolitical pinatas.

All they did was be themselves and run races.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First they came for the cisgender girl athletes ...

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

People have short memories. Unless an absolute bombshell comes out — there is video of Matt Gaetz handing a bag of cash to the Proud Boys’ leader, or a check to him written by Paul Gosar and drawn on his account — Trump is acquitted. I mean those guys are stupid enough to have done that, but good luck finding the proof in two weeks.

lakefront likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

That's not what the story implies though. It says having a Ranger tab is not the same as serving as a Ranger.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

Bernie Sanders one of the guests on CNN's "State of the Union" this morning. They've got to ask him about the memes!

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Maybe I could be like Cotton. We had to transport a SEAL team once to a destination. I talked to a few of them.
    I should start telling stories about "the time I was with the SEALs on a mission."

9. HanSenSE

Brian Williams wonders what all the fuss is about.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Wir sind der Sturm

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Marco Rubio. Snowflake. No one likes him. Everyone sasses him. So now you can't respond.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“Come after me, and I’ll block you on Twitter because I fear you.” Marco 1:17

Draft saved Draft deleted