1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I hope you're right, obviously. They had enough sense to put Roy Cooper in office and re-elect him over Pat McCrory.

But that brings up the obvious question ... for a party that loves cruelty and "owning the Libs," why was McCrory dumped and everyone else embraced? Yes, the state lost billions because of the Bathroom Bill, but this version of the Republican Party dismisses everything. Why sacrifice McCrory and embrace all the other nutjobs?

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Fat Don shoots blanks. Whose creatures is she aborting?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Speaking of Israel ...

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Didn't realize this dramatic change from the other halcyon period of right-wing Republican politics:

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think if she "retired" perhaps - but she'll have an "L" on her record. It's like Omar says "You come for the king - you best not miss." Show me a good loser in DC and I'll show you a loser. Trump is the first "loser" I've seen the GOP rally behind since forever.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm sure the unrest in Israel has nothing to do with Bibi's election woes.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Take it to the “How often do you eat out?” thread!

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm never going to like her, but I respect her willingness to step out and speak the truth to people who don't want to hear it, who actively deny it. There's not a single quote in this video that I disagreed with.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As if every Arab country since 1948 hasn’t sworn to wipe out Israel and push every Jew into the sea. As if the Arabs didn’t invade Israel on at least 3 occasions. Or that Iraq sent Scud mussels to Tel Aviv in the Iraq war. That Iran’s goal in building nuclear weapons is to use it on Israel. Or the PLO murdered children in bombing schools, taken hostages and hijacked airlines. Or that being Gay or Lesbian is a death sentence in most Arab counties and the Palestinian Authority has no tolerance for the LBGQT community. That no Arab country permits Jews to practice their religion but Israel has no such ban on Islam. When the Western Wall was Jordanian no Jews were allowed to pray there. Israel has made no such ban on the Mosques in Jerusalem.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Just spent four months selling my place/buying a new place. The market is absolutely insane here -- and I did it at the start of selling/buying season. Realtor got the easy part done: Sold my place on the first weekend. It helped that the guy who was renting out his place above me sold his two months earlier so an easy comp.

Had a handful of offers, got it for $10,000 over asking.

Went and looked a tons of places in the suburbs. South, west, north. Found a great place. Put in for $10,000 over asking. They had other offers, but it was empty and it was being rented out. My realtor and their realtor are good friends and it worked out. Plus, I was putting a ton down thanks to the equity in my other place.

I got it, all moved in with 40 percent more square footage, out of the deteriorating-by-the-day city and a lot quieter.

My realtor texted me the other day and when we were doing mine, it was insane. She said it's only gotten more busy and crazy.

My sister-in-law is a regional VP for a mortgage company in SoCal and is pretty much printing money. (I went with her and got locked in at a great rate.) I'm beyond fortunate that it worked out in this market.

Slacker and Pilot like this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My next door neighbor in the NJ suburbs put his house up for sale. 5 offers above listing before the open house and 8 more after. Crazy times here.

Draft saved Draft deleted