1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Tennessee General Assembly last week voted to cut the benefits.
    It voted to give its members a raise a day or two later.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In what context did he use it?

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Perhaps 95% of the WH press corps voted for Biden, and they get the kids table treatment.

Reporters fume at White House 'quote approval' rules

The Biden White House isn’t the first to employ the practice. Many reporters say it’s reminiscent of the tightly controlled Obama White House. The Trump White House used it, too.

But reporters say Trump’s team did so less frequently than Biden’s team — whic
    h also used the tactic during the campaign — and a number of current White House reporters have become increasingly frustrated by what they see as its abuse. “The rule treats them like coddled Capitol Hill pages and that’s not who they are or the protections they deserve,” said one reporter.

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Boo-hoo - do your fucking jobs, and do better jobs also, at that

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Oh well.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The VA Democrats should just nominate McAuliffe and stop messing around.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm stunned how invested I've become in the Va governor race these last few cycles, which isn't super invested, but definitely isn't zero.

They really benefit from running off years and the year after a presidential election, so it always feels like some sort of national referendum.

garrow likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I see Marty McFly still has his vest.

Fred siegle and garrow like this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Actually, I agree.

I simply find it interesting the administration only doing the best most humane moral things all the time - and never having to lie about it - is more buttoned up about the press than the monsters in a previous administration.

Of course, we all know Trump was gold for reporters. Ratings. Constant leaks from his team. An ex-this or an ex-that always passing on what they know to feather a nest. Never-ending scandals bringing the nation to the brink of something. Editors willing to run almost anything negative because Trump was a great villain to be opposed. (Indeed he was a villain.)

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Alma, this is the new playing field. Access eroded for sports journos long before it did for the coddled DC press corps.
    The level of professionalism and professional decorum in a Psaki-run press conference vs. those run by Spicer/Sanders/whatever her name was/McEnany.
    That's the litmus test, for me.

Hermes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted