1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not a Muslim ban.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, almost as good as making America great again because our soldiers don't cut and run.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Another interesting facet of this weekend if the Lyft-Uber thing. People are dropping their Uber apps and switching to Lyft because Uber tried to break the one-hour cabbie strike at JFK by eliminating peak pricing while Lyft donated $1 million to the ACLU. Most boycotts don't work because this country is just too big. But Uber is biggest in just the kinds of places were many of their customers are the kinds of people who'll do this. Lot more Uber in Boston than say, Youngstown, Ohio.
    One serious and one fun fact about Uber. Serious and awful. Rose its prices to above peak during the Paris terrorist attacks. Fun or at least weird. My family was in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. last weekend for a memorial service. There wasn't enough room for everybody's luggage in my rental car, so the kids called an Uber. It was a brand new Mercedes. What kind of person has a new Mercedes and part-times for Uber?

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

People realize that über would have made money by *not* dropping surge pricing, right?

They could have joined the strike, but being made that they didn't price gauge seems weird

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

You have shamed me by showing how I don't know how to make an umlaut on my computer.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The kind of person who'd go bankrupt over a $1,000 medical bill ...

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I've come to peace with the umlautless Uber.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Über'S CEO is part of Trump's business advisory group. That already wasn't sitting well last week.

Uber CEO defends Trump relationship to employees

This boycott could have some legs.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

As big as Occupy Wall Street?

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Drunks still need a ride home.

12. Michael_ Gee

Occupy had no achievable goal. Hurting Uber by switching to its competitor is an easy goal. You can do it in minutes. Protester feels good, and loses no services at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.