1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

No, in Graham's perfect world, Trump has a heart attack or stroke, then Pence takes over so no one in the GOP can be blamed.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Graham, for me, is the weirdest part of this whole thing. He's not stupid. He was an acolyte of John McCain. He was very clearly and vocally anti-Trump before Trump was elected. I think I find it hard to believe that someone can be that craven. There has to be an angle. Maybe it's what you're saying here. Maybe it's some other kind of long play, the most inside of inside jobs. But I just can't see it. I can't see a long-term goal that can justify the short-term danger and humiliation.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Graham underestimated how good Trump would be for the racist agenda. Now that he’s seen it in action, Graham is fully on board.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I think, mostly, Graham realized he needs Trump voters more than they need him.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My amateur opinion is the Russians dug dirt on Lindsay as well as he's afraid it gets out of he isn't a good boy.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

People have whispered forever that Graham is gay and he’s still in a pretty safe seat. I’d say that any prejudice is already baked into the election results.

I really just think that he’s buttering up to Trump because it works.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the correct one: Trump has serious dirt on him.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Foxnews has immediacy because the rest of the news media reacts to what they say and do. 130,000,000 million people voted in the last presidential election and Foxnews and it’s radio and podcast ideological partners may reach 6 million people a day. At best 10% of voters listen or watch whitewing media in te aggregate.

They are only as influential as their competitors make them out to be.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That was generally true.

Until the president started following their instructions.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s amazing how much shit trump can get them to eat. He basically called Cruz’ wife an ugly dog, that Ted himself is a liar and his father killed Kennedy. He trashed McCain. Said G W Bush caused 9/11 and the whole Bush family is weak. He called his female opponents ugly. But they get triggered when rumors of transgender blackmail get spoken of. Weak minds. But they are always the ones to start concentration camps, re-education camps, child holding facilities.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.