1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The bar has been set for POTY.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If you know the origin story of Wendy's, you'd know its based off Kewpee of Lima, Ohio, which is a specialty niche burger shop that used premium ingredients and cost more than McDonald's.

The exact thing you're mocking.

It just got really big.

These "hipster" burger places are a stance. So is your self-loathing attempt at being the every man.

I work in a factory. I'm blue collar. And I like Panera. And aioli. And chutney.

Being the every man doesn't preclude you from having taste.

BadgerBeer and TowelWaver like this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The White House has, I assume, a world class kitchen. I would assume that even college players would like to eat something nice on a trip to the white house, instead of something they pick up on a drunk saturday night at 2:00 am.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

While I agree that the average college kid loves pizza and burgers, like Poin I'd also ask why not make these young men a memorable White House meal?

I'd also guess the training table at Clemson prohibits most of what POTUS suggests.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Will food be rationed like ice cream? Players get one burger, Trump gets two?

6. poindexter

Paul Harrington – The Nutrition Expert

Clemson247 goes one-on-one with Clemson football nutrition

Clemson247: How is the in-house menu created?

McCain: Paul and I will work on that going forward, and we’re going to create the cycle menu and develop all of that together. I was trained in culinary nutrition, so really anything that goes on the menu, it’s my job to make sure the cooking method is correct and that it’s healthy for them. I use different ingredients to enhance the nutritional value. I also look at a lot of anti-inflammatory ingredients that we can put in the food. So it’s a lot of things the players don’t even have to necessarily know is going on but it’s going on behind the scenes.

A lot of it is the same foods they’ve actually been eating, but changing up the cooking methods. So we’re decreasing fat or we're protein-fortifying. Really anything that is saucy, you can protein-fortify. My philosophy is kids like to eat what they like to eat. So when you’re introducing quinoa or a different grain or something that’s commonly known as healthy foods, we keep the same flavor profile. It’s easier for me to motivate them to try different things if they’re already familiar with the flavors.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Hell, even burgers grilled by the chefs would be a step up from that fare. You don't have to be a snob to appreciate how good a homemade burger can be.

poindexter likes this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Quinoa's for fucking hipsters. All I eat is well-done steaks and mac and cheese. If I see a speck of red, it's going back.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You must be bored a lot bc you settle for sloppy seconds on the regular.

11. poindexter

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.