1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If you are going to argue the point, look at Obama's list:
    Shake Shack
    Five Guys
    and some local places that, I assume, make niche, good burgers.

With Trump, is it a critique of a hamburger, or the choice in burgers?

Trump is offering the worst possible meal. (except Wendy's).

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Have another drink, fatfuck."

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Cool. Did he serve them to invited guests? Otherwise, your point is bad and you should feel bad.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump has loved fast food since he was a kid. That's no crime. It might be a tad unhealthy for an overweight septuagenarian, but that's all. It's that he assumes that since the Clemson players are kids, that's what they love too that makes this funny. And that's all it is, funny, the way pre-diet Bill Clinton's food habits were a source of fun. I can't believe this thread has been hijacked by this trivial source of my amusement.

6. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Which is what? What exactly do "educated liberals" stand for that "many Americans in the Midwest" absolutely can't stand? Spell it out please. I say that as someone who lives in the NE but grew up in the Midwest and spends plenty of time in the South. And as someone who would love to eat McDonald's, Bojangles, Biscuitville and Hardee's all the time -- it all tastes great -- but I avoid it because I don't want to weigh 350 lbs with high blood pressure, clogged arteries, a walker and an oxygen tank. Not because I look down on anyone for liking it.

Honestly, seems to me that the supposedly salt-of-the-earth types you seem to be speaking about assume as much about people they really don't know as those people supposedly assume about them. And there's plenty of Patagonia and beards in Western North Carolina for example.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

FIFY

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Gavin McInnes and Che Guevara both have beards. Discuss.

9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I agree. While I would think the Clemson team would enjoy a first class meal while at the WH I actually find Trump's love of fast food one of his more redeeming qualities. Just as I thought it was kind of funny/cute when he pretended to drive a truck. This makes him seem almost human. But I would be remiss if I didn't remind everyone that he called Nazis very fine people and that he wants to (and perhaps has) fuck his daughter.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe the WH chefs are furloughed as well?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In today's speech, Trump mocked the undocumented folks who show up at immigration court hearings. He said they weren't very smart ... because they were following the rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.