1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He goes by gut reaction. Homework and studying are for losers and nerds.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I would totally drive that car.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If you guys had anyone here who looked at the full picture of politics, someone would be able to point out how wrong this is, first by noting that Morocco has never been on Trump's list of banned countries.

But you don't, so you don't.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

If the Senate were to pass the House bill with a majority large enough to override a veto, those GOP Senators would open themselves up to a primary challenge from the Trumpists. But if the Senate continues to do nothing, people will blame either Trump or House Democrats.

It makes sense, from a self-preservation standpoint. It makes less sense, from a govern-the-country standpoint.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As it’s been already said, The President of the United States is being mocked for his choice of provided food at a White House reception during a government shutdown.

Why would a college student dancing inspire such comparable mocking?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

FTFY

This is the description:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Saving one’s ass is not in the job description. He’s providing aid and comfort to enemies, foreign and domestic

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

When you focus on the criticism of Trump and ignore his actions/lies, you normalize his behavior.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

You are responding to an imaginary poster.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.