1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That’s what the smirk was all about: knowing that society will always protect them from consequences so long as they have the thinnest pretext.

“My parents are loaded and they’re gonna buy my way into college. I can be as racist as I want, it’ll be written off as naive and even white liberals will shill for me to prove how reasonable they are.”

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One strong taboo in our society is the idea that privileged should face consequences for their behavior, especially if it's white racist behavior.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

MBA?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, here's a learning opportunity.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You're assuming he saw this, which is an unfair assumption.

It is absolutely fair to believe Covington kids knew exactly what they were doing. Is it possible some weren't so much racist as assholes seeing what they could get away with? Absolutely, but that doesn't make it acceptable.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Sports teams have "whiteouts", "blackouts", "redouts" and the like all the time when the players dress all in one color and the fans for the most part do the same, with the added possibility of body paint, etc.

Check the color of the shirts fans are wearing. In other words . . . think.

Stoney likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Couldn't wait for the return of "Last Man Standing."

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Last time Trump spent 90 seconds with something, he ended up paying her $130k.

9. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

You really think that painting exaggerated white lips and white eyes on a black face is okay?

Also, if they didn't know this was wrong, why did the school student section take down their YouTube video that included images of their students in blackface? Not something an innocent, naive person does. It's more like the action of someone who knows they're wrong and wants to try to hide the evidence.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So why the white lines around the mouth and eyes?

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I don't know. And, frankly, I didn't notice that detail until you pointed it out. Yeah, that part makes me wonder, I'll admit it tends to increase the chance of it not being mistake.

See, I can concede a point. You might try it sometime.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL. WTF. JFK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.