1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And that's also why he thinks the border wall will work.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

God I remember when Aubrey Huff was the only thing separating the Devil Rays from your average church league softball team.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

So he didn't figure it out for himself? Again, tighten your batting helmet.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So Trump's latest executive order requires exec departments to remove two regulations for every new one introduced.

So would that go for constitutional amendments as well? I'm guessing No. 1 and No. 15 are on the hot seat.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

On January 1, the Democrats were demoralized and divided between nostalgia for Obama, relitigating the 2016 primaries, and with legislators making goo-goo eyes at Trump. On Jan. 30, the party is united, enraged, and has some of its most timid legislators in root and branch opposition to Trump. It takes political malfeasance on the grand scale to unite Democrats.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

How rare.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Working things out:

8. HanSenSE

Alas, it can't be announced the way they might like it, like the intros for the Apollo Creed-Ivan Drago fight. Without Apollo dying, of course.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I bet Trump would still win if the election were held today. I'm still not convinced he's done anything to piss off the swing state voters that handed him the election.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Recommended viewing: Conspiracy, a 2001 movie with Kenneth Branagh and Stanley Tucci. It recreates the 1942 meeting in Berlin with various German leaders on the Final Solution for the Jews.

Maybe two people who walked into that meeting really understood what the "solution" would be. (They start with how impossible it is emit deport the Jews. Not even America would take them.) Hitler, they were told, would deny it. At the end, everyone was on board.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

True. It's because they needed a place where differing views would not be tolerated. They built a bubble.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe consider this beforehand next time? Honest "mistake" I am sure. Probably no one who looked over this knew we were working with Muslims to fight other "bad guy" Muslims.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.