1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

They used to be camped out around Union Square all the time, maybe 25 years ago. I am not sure if they still work that area. My daily routine at the time included a stranger shouting at me that I was a white devil. At that age, I was willing to talk to just about anyone. But calling me the white devil was kind of a non starter.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If you don't know who I'm responding to, and you don't think the post you are responding to makes sense in the context of yours, then a prudent thought might be that it wasn't directed at your post.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There WAS a major element of self-selection in this group. They had to think participating in the demonstration was something they wanted to do. Further self-selection is that chaperones had to feel the same way. If it was anything like every school trip I've ever heard of, chaperones were predominately parents of participating students.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You quoted my post. What the hell else am I supposed to think?

Iron_chet, Songbird and Stoney like this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

When I was in school teachers paddled students.

Today students paddle teachers in a little pre-poin foreplay.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Last summer walking through Times Square saw a few of them, looked like they had pamphlets. Past years I remember one guy would stand on a
    milk crate or sometimes a mailbox with a megaphone.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I think cj's point about tourists vs locals is well-taken.

That said, I also think at the moment the Israelite insults start flying, you gather up your schoolkids and make a polite exit.

You don't let them start a loud counter-demonstration, whether in fun or in mockery.

Seems like Chaperone 101 to me.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Russia and Mar-a-Lago members.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

WTF? You specifically quoted him alone for that post, yet you don't know why he'd think you were responding to him?

Now that's a new one.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Cut him some slack. He's still combing through all the "articles from long before" that populate Phillips's Wikipedia page.

Stoney likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Do we know if this was a school trip or just put together by a couple of teachers for extra curricular?

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.