1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Obviously way too early and PPP has a Democratic lean to it, but um - yeah.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trumpers in college? That's one hell of a leap of faith.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What Wohl is trying to do with Harris is one or two of the fallback arguments birthers tried with Obama when it became obvious that any scenario where Obama could have been born in Kenya and had his birth fraudulently registered in Hawaii was kind of far-fetched. Some claimed that when he lived in Indonesia, his parents revoked his US citizenship (which is not possible).
    Others claimed that to be a "natural-born citizen" one needed to be both born in the US and have two US citizen parents at the time of birth. They cited some obscure Swiss philosopher named Vatell, whom nobody ever heard of until the birthers pulled his name out of their asses.
    The fact that birthers even had fallback arguments proved they had nothing.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think I Biden/Beto ticket would be pretty much unbeatable, especially if Biden made it clear he's not tied to serving two terms. Biden would destroy Fucko on the campaign trail and in debates.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Biden would reduce Trump to spouting obscenities while making some of his stupid faces.

But, Biden: still too old.

No one older than 60, please and thank you.

FileNotFound likes this.
  7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think that "Fox and Friends" and other conservative media outlets need to find targets to ridicule. This will invariably be a minority. The New York tabloids used Al Sharpton as their go-to pinata for years. Attacking Maxine Walters is another staple. So a young, unknown minority woman with limited experience comes along and the assumption that many conservatives make is that she is a slow witted. However, she is someone who handles the attention really well.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think you vastly underestimate how much “not another old white guy” is a major point of emphasis for Democratic base turnout

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Warren and Harris each announced fundraising in excess of $1 mil on their first day as "real candidates." No doubt this is now the established "ante" to be taken seriously (and without corporate PAC money). Bernie opened with $1.5m when he announced his run in 2016.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Depends on how “really well” is defined. I’d define it in part by her ability to do what she’s been elected to do - represent her district.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In what? A primary? A general election?

12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I don't think any attention she will generate has anything to do with how well her constituent services operation will work or how many earmarks she gets for her district. It is quite possible to be a nationally prominent political figure and do a poor job of representing a district.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.