1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

qtlaw and garrow like this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, not really. Most people aren't very discerning. Based on my initial reaction to the video, hell, neither was I.

But the front lines of the outrage war are populated by millennials. And, again, we're not all the way there yet. Give it 10-15 years.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Outing alert thread:

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The Twitter outrage wars.

Television (ALERT: NEW CARAVAN), Facebook (This is what respect for the anthem looks like!) and good ol' fashion' email (Fw:Fw:Fw:Fw:Re: Teleprompter and tan suit! Must read!) - those outrage wars are fronted by a more mature demographic.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There's nothing quite like Twitter. Let's be honest.

7. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Outrage elected Donald Trump. That wasn’t millenials. I guess you’re refering to liberal outrage, but I still don’t see it. From my view, Hilary’s base has spearheaded the resistance. When I think of the liberal outrage machine, I picture your average university humanities professor. When I picture millenials, I picture the Fyre festival. If you’ve got any sort of evidence to back your assertion, I’d love to see it. Otherwise, I’ll fall back on the well-known demos of the politically active class, and a cross-section of Hilary voters, and a common sense appraisal of the average age of those who have reached a point in their careers where they are in position to be thought leaders

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

#silly!

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

If you're concerned about millennial / younger / liberal outrage.

If you're concerned outrage as a whole, the user base, reach, user time and infuence of other media cannot be discounted.

12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

It’s that tiny sliver that looks at each situation individually and has never voted straight party

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.