1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But Obama sat around all day watching basketball on teevee and eating watermelon. And dancing to neegro music.

People say he played golf too.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

garrow and heyabbott like this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Not familiar with the details, but I'm guessing he might characterize it differently.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

McConnell spent much of the speech denouncing the idea of Election Day as a national holiday. I'll say this for Mitch. He's pretty up front about being all about power and the people be damned.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Happened to me during that polar vortex (2012 or 2013, I think?) where I lost power and my water lines froze. No power, no water and windchills of -50 and snow drifts up past the doorknobs that made it increasingly tough to try to get out of the apartment. A car that wouldn't start to even offer the hope of using that as a heat source. It's the only time I've ever actually worried that I could be in trouble in a snowstorm and the only time I wish I had a gas stove. .Although I'm sure people in Alaska and the Upper Penninsula are yawning at that situation.

Now that I have a family, I've invested in a generator so I know I have that as a back-up. It offers peace of mind.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Fox and con are in the name. What else would you expect?

garrow likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I would hope the Foxconn con puts Wisconsin easlily back to Blue for Democrats. What a sham.

Michigan and Pennsylvania shouldn’t be tough to get back with some hard work. And that’s ballgame.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The 2016 loss there always struck me as more an indictment on the Clinton campaign's obliviousness more than Wisconsin's yearning for Trumpism.

Michigan and Pennsylvania are the same. Just pay attention to them. Don't talk down to them. VISIT THE FREAKING STATES IN THE DAYS LEADING UP TO THE ELECTION.

I think Ohio is gone for a long time, though. That state was a weird two-time get for Obama. Not as weird as him winning Indiana in 2008 (a victory I often have to look up just to re-affirm that, yes, that actually happened), but weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.