1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I understand Yankeefan and other conservatives voting for him. It makes sense if you are a staunch Republican. What I don't get is defending the man and his bullshit.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What will they say when he does something to cross their beliefs? He surely will, just based on the many contradictory promises he made during the campaign.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

because some people are as racist, narrow-minded and idiotic as he is, and he says the kind of shit they wish they could. Green Day is gonna write a double album and a Broadway play about this moron.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

First google I did:

Enter Warren, who declined to run for the nomination and remains neutral. Based on how well Sanders did, the charismatic Warren, in retrospect, probably would have beaten Clinton.
    Clinton must make Elizabeth Warren her vice president

On Elizabeth Warren's Experience and Lack Thereof
    She may be brilliant, charismatic, and passionate, but she hasn't demonstrated that she has the chops to lead the agency.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The same thing Baron and the left do when on of theirs do. They will find a way to spin it and defend him.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's absolutely a factor.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So this is fun.

Why Steve Bannon Hates Paul Ryan

Bannon informed his staffers at Breitbart that a core part of their editorial mission was to “destroy Paul Ryan’s political career.” In December, he told one of his reporters that his “long game” was to have Ryan ousted from his Speakership by spring 2016. Both of these directives came after Trump had launched his campaign — and before Ryan had expressed any approval of the GOP front-runner.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes. White men, especially Republican, white men in the south, are uncomfortable voting for women and people of color.

[​IMG]

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Disadvantage does not mean guaranteed defeat, YF. You know that, don't be silly.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is very, very silly. Just because it has happened doesn't mean that a female candidate is not at a disadvantage in this particular, narrow category that voters take into account. In pulling up every woman and minority (who I said nothing about) ever elected, you are doing the same thing that people do here when the response to me noting that it's trendy for coastal liberals to vote early was for 10 posters to pipe up, "I'm a libertarian in Nebraska and I voted early! Face!"

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Still ... do we really think that Trump won because Herself wasn't able to overcome the charisma/man handicap?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think Trump's promises have been a bit more basic, direct and dramatic (and oft-repeated) than the typical promises of a left-leaning politician or any other politician in history.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.