1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I was looking over my wife's shoulder while she was going through class rosters tonight. She has a student with the initials QQ. I can't remember ever having seen that before.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is this one the Senate can block by filibuster?

I'd almost rather let them put it to a vote. Make the dickless Republicans reject it or own it.

HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Actually, not Fake News. Try again.
    At the time of November's presidential election, Phillips' status was "inactive" in Mississippi and suspended in Texas. Officials in both states told the AP that Phillips could have voted, however, by producing identification and updating his address at the polls.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wait a sec. So if Bannon has been serving on the NSC for the last ten days without confirmation, would that mean he violated the law and could be arrested, or something like that?

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't know, but when you put this with Russian Spy Tied to DNC Hacking Arrested for Treason and Wow, It Gets Bigger and Mystery death of ex-KGB chief linked to MI6 spy's dossier on Donald Trump I have to wonder.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They may have split a hair by making him a non-statutory invitee.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

LOL. You dummy.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Ego-driven score settling is part and parcel of every administration. Hell, it's one of the best perks of being the president. Problem is, you have to be smart about it. The true power of the presidency is the ability to make big things happen behind the scenes. The bombast was fine on the campaign trail, but a defter touch is needed once you're in the Oval Office.

Cosmo, Big Circus, Bronco77 and 2 others like this.
  10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Wow is right. If that's all accurate, that's a crazy provocative lead flying under the radar there. I suspect "under the radar" in part because normal people generally can't decipher or follow the "dizzying array of shell companies" maze used by the powerful to conceal nefarious shit.

The world's shiniest ever Pulitzer Prize would be in store if any journalists were able to untangle and prove up what's implied there.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This was relevant then. Even more relevant now.
    Carlin was always ahead of the world around him ...

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We may need a guide made up, like the one for determining if something is Poin.

News I like and I agree with = real.
    News I don't like and don't agree with = fake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.