1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Perhaps on one finger, even...

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You're proud of this? Chuck "Fake Tears" Schumer? This is your guy. And you love him so much that you are willing to join in the mocking of a person whose family was eviscerated by the Nazis?

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Do you even understand that comparing a presidential nomination to 9/11 and Pearl Harbor might be a tad inappropriate? You don't necessarily have to "stick to sports." I'm not sure that gives you a license to say anything without repercussion.

Stoney likes this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Because even two thousand votes cast illegally would represent only three-one-thousandths of a percent of her popular vote total? I'd be surprised if any major-party Presidential candidate didn't get multiple thousands of improper/illegal votes.

I'm not gifted with your perspicacity re: all things Trump, but I do have a pretty good feel for numbers.

6. TheSportsPredictor

You're responding to an imaginary post.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Do you believe the number to be zero?

I'm guessing it's greater than zero. Not because folks are voting twice, or because they're voting for dead people, but because folks who are ineligible to vote were registered and voted.

Out of 120 million votes, I would bet there were thousands of instances of such votes.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Don't play dumb. Your prior post on the topic was a post implying that a New York Post NFL writer was wronged when he was fired for "not sticking to sports" by tweeting a comparison to the Trump inauguration to 9/11 and Pearl Harbor. He wasn't fired for "not sticking to sports." He was fired for being a complete offenisve idiot.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Based on what, exactly?

11. TheSportsPredictor

You've confused infer with imply.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I was asked what I thought.

There are no good numbers on this. Do you think we should do an investigation to determine the exact numbers?

How many illegal votes do you think we're cast, and what would you base your number on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.