1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The tweet I saw on here from here stated a factual reason for the firing. I didn't see it as asking for sympathy or whining it wasn't fair.

Im not asking you to have an extra dollop of sympathy. Just noting I've met the guy a handful of times professionally and he was good folks. I feel a little more grace for the Trump voters in my life than the ones I read about on a screen too. That's just human nature.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Saw him whining that the Browns wouldn't give him a press pass to cover Johnny Manziel's early practices. He blocked me when I told him to wuit crying. So I haven't been able to keep up with his tweets.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

YF's a lot of things.

He ain't dumb.

Songbird likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How different is it?

5. Dick Whitman

Were you Hillary Clinton's campaign strategist?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's kind of the same. Now he'll really be boycotting LL Bean.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

In addition to pointing out when Marshawn Lynch wasn't speaking the Queen's English, he threw a snit when he, as a New York writer, could not secure a credential to a Cleveland Browns minicamp.

He is currently involved in an OOP-esque argument with a legal writer who made an offhand remark that California "could" have billion-dollar deficits for multiple years (which they could).

He might be a nice guy as dixie said. I don't know him. But on Twitter he comes off as a know-it-all who doesn't know anything.

JC and Stoney like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If if I could offer one prayer for the board, it would be that we all clean up better than the selves we show behind these damn keyboards.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

He thought Trump would make a good President, so at best I'd say the jury is still out.

Ace likes this.
  10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Clinton did everything she could to cater to people like that. Who claim to be principled conservatives, while Trump stood against many of those principles. They chose to cheer for the fascist.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Uh-huh, sure.

12. Dick Whitman

This reminds me of the conversation on the NBA thread about whether or not Charles Barkley's opinion "matters."

An opinion "matters" to the extent that it is adequately supported. No more. No less. In a pinch, I understand going with the expert, but only as a time-saving mechanism. As a matter of general policy, I reject your appeal/deference to authority.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.