1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Maybe he has an incriminating tape or dossier that will force RBG to resign.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You can apologize for spitting in my food and refund my money, but I'm probably still going to carry a grudge.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

After meeting with pharma lobbyists, Trump drops promise to negotiate drug prices

A lot happened in the 2016 campaign, but one of the things Donald Trump did to win the election was shift to the left on a number of key issues — promising to avoid cuts in Social Security and Medicare benefits and adopting a longstanding Democratic pledge to let Medicare negotiate bulk discounts in the price it pays for prescription drugs.

Today, after a meeting with pharmaceutical industry lobbyists and executives, he abandoned that pledge, referring to an idea he supported as recently as three weeks ago as a form of “price fixing” that would hurt “smaller, younger companies.” Instead of getting tough, Trump’s new plan is that he’s “going to be lowering taxes” and “getting rid of regulations.”

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'd actually rather watch the entire Super Bowl pregame show than listen to anything this guy has to say about politics. But that's just me.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So the Gallup poll for the last few days on Trump's job approval rating has shown a consistent 6-7 percent undecided or don't know. These folks are either the most judicious citizens among us or the ones who think he still hosts Celebrity Apprentice.

Ace likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Is this just his style, or is it part of any mental disorder, to insult everyone who disagrees with him? Because I can see a day when he crosses a line - hell, with some, he has already - or he's going to need something done by Congress, and the response, after all his childish behavior, may very well be "go fuck yourself."

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A. The American public was against military intervention in Syria. Can't exactly blame them for being a little wary after that little adventure in Iraq, which, you know, opened the door for ISIS.

U.S. Support for Action in Syria Is Low vs. Past Conflicts

2. A no-fly zone still puts our pilots in harm's way.

C. Did Turkey want their border closed?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Or he romanced her.

9. YankeeFan

I've got to say, I can't imagine Hardiman is driving from Pittsburgh to D.C. today, ahead of being named to the SCOTUS.

There are probably a lot of places east of his home besides Washington D.C.

The two judges who have been considered the top finalists to be President Donald Trump's nominee for the Supreme Court -- Neil Gorsuch and Thomas Hardiman -- are being brought to Washington ahead of tonight's White House announcement, sources tell CNN.

The move comes as there were increasing indications that Gorsuch will be Trump's choice, sources briefed on the White House deliberations tell CNN.

One source said that Gorsuch was told it was likely him. Those close to the process warn that until it is announced, Trump could change his mind.

Gorsuch is in Washington, according to one source close to the process. Hardiman was seen by a CNN producer leaving his Pittsburgh neighborhood Tuesday morning and driving east towards Washington.

Another one of the sources, familiar with the White House plans, said the administration is taking extraordinary measures to build suspense and keep the final selection under wraps for as close to the 8 p.m. EST announcement as possible.

First on CNN: Trump brings Supreme Court favorites to Washington - CNNPolitics.com

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

At best, he is a narcissist:

Narcissistic personality disorder - Mayo Clinic

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

Are you suggesting that Obama was right to make foreign policy decisions based on public polling?

We're going to freak out about Steve Bannon attending NSC meetings, but applaud Obama for making decions based on polling?

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bloomberg columnist and poli sci professor Jonathan Bernstein suggests Trump will have a panel show format tonight and ask each candidate to estimate the crowd at his inauguration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.