1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Considering public opinion about war is something we want Presidents to do. Or should.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, considering the president is supposed to,work for the American people, yes.

Why fight a war if your people don't want to fight it?

6. YankeeFan

Consider, sure. Make decisions of national security based on public opinion polls, no.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Have we seen this one? In the not-too-distant past -- specifically when questioning one Sally Yates -- Jeff Sessions was a big fan of the attorney general not following the president's orders.

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I want this guy no where near any seat of power:

“I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed.

Shocked, I asked him what he meant. “Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Bannon was employing Lenin’s strategy for Tea Party populist goals. He included in that group the Republican and Democratic Parties, as well as the traditional conservative press.

Steve Bannon, Donald Trump's Closest Adviser, Just Wants to See the World Burn

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Given the popularity of Hamilton, maybe Trumpbannon will have the candidates duel to prove who is more pro-life.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

It's my personal opinion. Am I still allowed one?

11. YankeeFan

Would love to see the reporters notes from this conversation, or listen to the tape he may have made of it.

He hasn't produced either in response to Bannon saying he doesn't remember making the statement:

I emailed Bannon last week recalling our conversation, telling him that I planned to write about it and asking him if he wanted to comment on or correct my account of it. He responded:

“I don’t remember meeting you and don’t remember the conversation. And as u can tell from the past few days I am not doing media.”

Steve Bannon, Trump's Top Guy, Told Me He Was 'A Leninist' Who Wants To ‘Destroy the State’

12. YankeeFan

Sure. Of course. Have at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.