1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yah yah I'm sure everybody told him, "oh you can't do that because the Republicans will scream."

So fuckin what? The Republicans were going to scream, and did, no matter what he did including nothing.

They screamed "crooked crooked Hillary" all week long, and the public perception was, "oh she's involved in that email mess again, every time I turn on the teevee I hear another story about it," and Obama basically just hoped it would go away.

He needed to rise up as POTUS and say, "No, this is bullshit, you didn't have anything on her in July and you don't have anything now, releasing this letter ONLY to the Republican leadership 11 days prior to the election is blatant political interference and I'm putting a Fucking end to it."

Yeah sure the GOP would have been enraged and voted against her. So what; that happened anyway. But this would have enraged the Dem base to reveal the extent of the Trump-FBI conspiracy to frame Clinton on bullshit.

A wild eyed theory with the minor incidental quality of being completely supported by the facts.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

1) An airliner is not a dive bomber.
    2) You can't stop a plane in mid-air, over a target, and then plunge 90 degrees toward the earth. That's cartoon physics.
    3) Even if it was physically possible, a novice pilot successfully pulling off that maneuver over a crowded city and hitting a precise target would be like a high schooler hitting an Aroldis Chapman fastball into the upper deck.
    4) The people on the plane would never let it happen. Post-9/11, any serious shenanigans are going to be met with a Flight 93 type response.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Blue font. Thanks for playing!

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Got me, I guess. You kept it up for several posts over several pages, so I couldn't tell.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Cool "Get Out of Stupidity" card, bro ...

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Virtually the whole first 14 paragraphs of this article could be debunked, discussed, debated, and seen from entirely another perspective that would change the column's intention and meaning entirely. It's overblown rhetoric. The only part that stands entirely true is the media-related material.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I've often said it's ridiculous to forbid razors, scissors, shampoo, etc., on airplanes because 9/11 was a one-shot deal. Before 9/11, passengers of a hijacked airplane had an expectation of survival if they cooperated. That expectation is gone, and with it went the compliance of passengers.

Terrorists would need automatic weapons to hijack an airliner these days, or they'd need to steal it without any passengers aboard. They've made it infinitely more difficult to execute a similar attack - not because of safety precautions or the TSA, but because passengers won't go down meekly anymore.

That said, a president spending lots of time in a high-rise that isn't secured the way the White House is will be problematic for protection, at best.

Michael_ Gee and Batman like this.
  8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nah. You're a good little fluffer, though.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

MSU was an absentee today. On the bright side, they didn't stage much of a protest either.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Voter suppression and gerrymandering work

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He is far from the only member of SJ.com to pull that one.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So only people who can demonstrate their ability to write should criticize others' writing? As Shottie said, you really don't want to go that route.

doctorquant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.