1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Guantanomo is closed, though, right?

doctorquant likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Not closing that cost President Obama a third term ...

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Did the politician say it 4,678 times? Did crowds around the politician yell "TREA-SON-OUS" at endless rallies?

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The biggest test of Trump, politically, will be the first time that there is a major terrorist attack on a Western target, especially within the United States but it could be elsewhere, too. For the last 18 months, he has bleated about how these are all at the foot of Obama and Crooked Hillary. In no uncertain terms, the message would be that they will stop when he's in office. He's going to be "tough." He's going to be "vigilant." He is going to restore "law and order." Ann Coulter tweeted the night that Paris happened that they might as well cancel the election because Donald Trump won that night.

What does he say the first time a radical Islamist blows up a Gap?

5. doctorquant

"If they'd have stocked Trump ties this wouldn't have happened!"

6. doctorquant

You're right. I forgot all those times those left-ish politicians' braying about treason was met with silence from the audience.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I would come up with a JC crack, but frankly, I can't remember a single post of your's that was memorable.

Ace likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Like I said - your confidence in this shit is way too high.

It is kind of simple minded to think that Trump - and, more to the point, some of the dangerous asswipes around him - don't aim to do much of what they say, provided the opportunity presents itself.

Trump already has you believing the media can't report any criticism against him without it being part of some vast,l kconspiracy against him and people who voted for him.

I find that alarming.

There is a chance a Trump presidency is pretty disastrous on many fronts. New fronts, in fact.

Cosmo likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Play the tit-for-tat game all you want. Doesn't make any difference to me. If you think Trump is part of a American political tradition, go for it.

We'll see. He's President soon so we won't have to guess.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Pretty much the first suggested appointment that doesn't make you recoil in horror/ nausea.

Someone with actually legitimate qualifications. Holy shit.

Except for the fact Romney had been a pretty staunch/vehement anti-Trumper all through the campaign and it would be disappointing to see him humble himself and get on board the sinking ship.

I suspect it would play out pretty similar to the Chris Christie episode. Mitt would be kept around in a kind of demeaning/humiliating role, assigned menial shit work to periodically reassert Trump's alpha dog dominance, teased with promises of a more powerful abs substantial role, then one morning when Ivanka wakes up with her panties too tight or something and Donald gets in a bad mood, Mitt gets shitcanned.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    wicked likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Take what you can get.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

At this point, posters here are the about the only people not reported/rumored to be potential nominees for State. Petraeus got a shout-out today, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.