1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I agree.

QYFW likes this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That's how they feel. Liberals wanted to turn on all the feels - postmodern personal truth and all that - and conservatives went down to the feels store and bought some.

Once somebody feels or believes something enough, you'll have a hard time applying a lick of reason to that without incredible effort and time.

Millions of Americans felt abandoned by Obama. They were led to that water, of course, by right wing media, but, nevertheless, they felt it. And since we as a culture deify feeling over thinking - to the point where someone can actually conceive of micro-aggressions - liberals were bound to get smacked.

Democrats are getting what they wanted, in essence. It just turned on them.

DanielSimpsonDay, Ace and QYFW like this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's a crock of shit, Alma. You're usually a better thinker than that. That "liberals wanted" crap is nowhere. A lot of white people can't stand that they might not come first regardless of merit. A lot of old people are frightened and angry they're gonna die before young people. A lot of men are frightened of women and angry they can't get sex on demand. That's Trump. If wanting equal justice and sympathy for those with a tough hand to play, and help for others those of us (I'm very much included in that category) can well afford is all "feelings" and not just an opinion, often verified by reality, that such thoughts lead to better societies, well put down put me down in the feelings camp. Love is a feeling. Hate is a feeling. They're not the fucking same.

RickStain likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

"How dare you disagree with me!"

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Damned good thing.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He admitted he was doing it to help out friends of his, YF. Even if you agree with the policy, how can you fail to realize how bad that sounds? I know you are desperate to defend every move he makes and every word he speaks, but try to apply a little logic on this one.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

If his friends can help the economy, who gives a fuck?

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Hey, like once a week I post a joke that gets 3-4 likes. Don't minimize my contributions!

RickStain likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One, perception matters and the way he put it was awful.

Two, that is a very questionable if you presented there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.