1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Recap:

POWs:no respect
    US General Officers: Stupid
    Mexicans: Rapists and Murderers
    US Intelligence Agencies: Nazis
    America: Murderers like Like Russia

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Americans have always been stupid and selfish. Difference this time was we weren't subtle about showing it.

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No he didn't. He knew what he was voting for and put a higher priority on voting for laundry.

dixiehack likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

There's a ton missing from that list:
    Gold Star families
    Women
    Women's body parts
    Disabled folks

SnarkShark and heyabbott like this.
  5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I am genuinely curious if there is a moment where John McCain has a "fuck this shit" day and walks on the GOP and takes Graham and enough senators with him to cost them a majority, forms a "Conservative Party" or something like that. He's probably not going to run again. If he gets all "mavericky," he might just get that place in the history books he didn't get via election.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Do you think he's introspective enough to know the line from Palin to Trump is very very short

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

If you're saying that he wouldn't turn on Trump because he started Palin, I'd say that's logical, but I also think he did that as kind of a desperation move and also as a tactical wild card.

But between the "I like people who don't get captured" and the loose talk on torture (which is why he can't raise his arms above his head), I'm confident he's not impressed. Though I have never been particularly fond of his policy, I think the man is a patriot and a statesman and also very aware of an opportunity to go out in a blaze of glory. For all the "pussyhats" and protests, if and when the Trump Administration goes down, it's probably going to start from the right.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is quite a cover for a fairly sedate publication.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

McCain's biggest mistake in 2008 may not have been Palin, but that every time he talked, Karl Rove's lips were moving. The "Straight Talk Express" was left behind in some rest stop between Phoenix and Kingman. Otherwise, we may be talking about Obama's first or second term here.

And let's face it, most Republicans were so anxious to be back in power they would have embrace an emu.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

A Michigan Republican is facing calls for his resignation after he said that “another Kent State” might be necessary for liberal protesters.

Marquette County GOP secretary Dan Adamini took aim at student demonstrators in a series of social media posts Thursday after violence erupted at UC Berkeley Wednesday night.

“Violent protesters who shut down free speech? Time for another Kent State perhaps. One bullet stops a lot of thuggery,” he posted Thursday, according to screenshots saved by the Michigan Democratic Party.

Among his Facebook posts was one that said, “I’m thinking another Kent State might be the only solution.”

Michigan Republican suggests 'another Kent State' for protesters

11. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

In before the (super bowl) lock...

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Raggedy Old Flag" at the SB pregame. Must be trying to offset that Bud ad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.