1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

“You know, people are talking. They say I make the best license plates. The best, most beautiful plates. You wouldn’t believe it.”

— Donald Trump, 2022

Jesus_Muscatel and HanSenSE like this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Goddammit, do what's right for the country, not what MIGHT be right for party. Goddammit. Stop the semantics.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That’ll take a vote to take up impeachment.

Trump doesn’t give a shit if he’s impeached. I suspect he welcomes it. It might make a second term easier to nab.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This Administration is getting into the "you wanna hire a lawyer" phase. Soon to be followed by the leaking phase.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Great, unmatched wisdom.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, the reason a sitting president cannot be indicted is because the attorneys general of the Nixon and Clinton Administrations, both presidents under imminent threat of indictment and conviction, said so.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

There isn't evidence to support that impeachment will hurt the Dems in the 2020 election. Regardless, it's still the right thing to do. Bottom line.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It’s right thing to do out of sheer principle? Because of this issue at hand with Ukraine?

It’s a symbolic event at this point. He’s not leaving office before he’s beaten in an election.

10. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Donald Trump is a criminal. You have to impeach. He's so reckless, more stuff will come out. He's one sorry excuse for a human being.

Trey Gowdy, come on down. Or up. Whatever. Jump on this sinkin' ship.

Trump is NOT gonna be re-elected. Whatever bump the impeachment sympathy angle will provide, it will be minimal. People have seen for themselves what a clown this guy is, and the mid-terms indicated where we are headed as a country.

If not for Wyoming, North Dakota and South Dakota possessing six Senate seats, the same as California, Texas and Florida, Republicans would be eating shit sammiches already. They've won the popular vote for president once since Bill Clinton's election in 1992.

Trump belongs in jail. I think he'll fly the coup, when it becomes inevitable that that's where he's goin', and then the United States of America will have its own Idi Amin or Shah of Iran.

Hope it was worth it, you assholes who put him in office.

Fred siegle, UNCGrad, garrow and 3 others like this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’d argue what’s right for the country is him out of office in January 2021, however best that can happen.

12. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Bullshit.

I'd argue that another year of his complete recklessness - gee, remember Syria? - is too much to gamble.

Stop with threading the needle. Either you support him or don't.

And we'll all fucking remember.

Fred siegle and OscarMadison like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.