1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No. You number them as if they are alternatives. Since there is no sentient deity, the remainder of your list a rhetorical masturbation.
    You don’t number a list of 1.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's funny - one commentator once said Romans 1 is such a hard, jagged passage of Scripture that one shouldn't read out loud, or rarely. I think that's a fair read of that chapter.

I'm struck by how banal this conversation is. It's just a check in a box for you. It's not really about anything other than "do you agree with me, huh, do ya?" When you or anyone use the word "sin," well, let's talk about the concept of sin. It ain't my definition, is it?

I've answered this question many many times on this board and even in this thread. What's relevant to the political matter is I have zero opposition to it being legal, zero opposition to protections against discrimination, zero issues with adoptions, etc. To me homosexuality is not a human justice issue. I can't account for God's take on it beyond scripture. Abortion, to me, is a human justice issue. Very different discussion. (That we don't need to have again.)

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So that's a no on giving a straight answer, then? Duly noted.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Take it to the religion discussion thread.

Oh, wait.

lakefront likes this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Zuck licks conservative balls but will "go to the mat" against liberals. Wonder if he wore a hoodie.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This month marks the one-year anniversary of the Magabomber's reign of terror. It's odd how little coverage that story got, or that of the subsequent trial. Seems to me that if a mad bomber inspired by a deep, deep devotion to Barack Obama targeted Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan etc. it would have been a gigantic story.

lakefront likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Your No. 1 assumes that there isn’t a God. My No. 7 assumes there is, but that certain men decided to take his teachings for their own advantage.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Ganesha wants us all to succeed.

laddoo3-mos_082417113719.jpg

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

One, you can decide that God isn't really God, and so who gives a shit what God says.

By isn't really God, that's in part what I meant.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Would love to start one. Hesitant to, because I'm not there to convert people.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I've given you more of an answer than you think. You're just not interested in it. Words like tension and wrestle mean things in Christianity. It's among the very hardest of topics, this one. The real answer is somewhere hours into discussion.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Seems to me you two already have, and we're on it.

Not complaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.