1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Venn diagram of Berners and AOC supporters is a circle.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I have more respect for her if she actually makes the endorsement. Endorsing who she believes in. She could endorse no one. Takes guts to pick someone when she’s more popular than all of them.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

She’s not. You’re making things up again.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not sure how they're cutting the field for the next debate, but I I were making the field: Warren, Sanders, Biden, Mayor Pete and Klobuchar for sure. Perhaps Beto. The rest? Pick up your participation trophy at the door.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

AOC endorsing Bernie probably helps make Warren look more moderate. I like Sanders - but he really needed to dial back the crustiness. He comes at things in a way that anyone who disagrees with him is a sell out and in cahoots with Wall Street, PHARMA and insurers. I just don't know if that kind of attitude is going to get many people to support you when it comes time to pass legislation. He seems content to retain his "purity" at the cost getting anything done. I think if you really wants Sanders programs to become law - you will get more of what you want with one of the other candidates (who have stolen chunks of his platform), than you would with Sanders.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Didn't get to watch. But if there's more than six people on the stage next time, that's a huge mistake.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Booker, Harris, The Three Old Farts, Mayor Pete.

Everyone else, thanks for playing. Here's your years supply of Rice A Roni.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I listened to the debate, rather than watched it - nothing really stood out for me. I realize these candidates are fighting to make the next debate, but I wish some would have pivoted on some of the questions that have been beaten to death and brought up the environment. Also figured by now more candidates would be veering toward the center since that is where the undecided votes are at this point, instead of pushing ideas that won't likely reach a Presidents desk without being watered down.

11. Neutral Corner

12. Neutral Corner

Nothing on climate change.

Nothing on immigration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.