1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Said No One Ever: Lamebrain Fox viewers and followers of history's biggest enabler of child rape backing a multiply-accused child rapist

2. goalmouth

When someone gets turned out like a two-dollar whore for Russia, believe them the first time.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

From Peter King's column today, on how some school administrators views of the presidency:
    Last week, I asked for educators to send their experiences about the coarsening of dialog in the country in the Trump era and how it was affecting kids in schools. I got about 40 messages, and I’ve abridged a few here.

From a Kansas school superintendent. From Greg Clark, of Holyrood, Kan.: “You asked how can we as educators deal with the way our president behaves and how it relates to the students. To be honest we have not seen much of a change in the students, but the parents, why yes we have. What President Trump has done has empowered people to be rude and say things they would normally not say. It is a sad day for America … Trump has emboldened people in the country to forget political correctness and say what they never would have said before. As a school superintendent, I have been cussed out many times and treated poorly on many occasions.”

Sorry to say that’s exactly my perception of how it is in some schools today. Good luck, Greg. You’re doing a vital job.

From a government teacher in upstate New York. From Dan Young, of Baldwinsville, N.Y.: “I teach Advanced Placement Government and Politics to seniors at Baker High School in Baldwinsville, N.Y., a suburb of Syracuse. It is inevitable that students will ask me my opinion of the president and his actions. I have found that honesty is the best policy with the students, as I believe that modeling integrity to be of paramount importance. I first tell the students that I have an immense amount of respect for the office of the presidency. This is arguably the most powerful job in the world, and thus demands respect, but should also consist of a certain decorum. President Trump, to be brutally frank, embarrasses me. This is not how the President of the United States should act. I stress to the students that there is nothing wrong with having strong opinions, which the president has, however there is no other word to describe how President Trump acts than a bully … It is important to me that students leave my room at the end of the year as adults who can research an issue to make an informed decision, and then present their opinion in a clear way, without emotion clouding the issue. It is not an easy task, but in a country as divided as ours is at the moment, I feel it is my duty to show the students how to rise above the pettiness and recognize and respect that people will have different viewpoints than them.”

But remember, these people have teacher pensions, not IRAs.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Bill Browder was also hyperventilating about Alexei Navalny being ''poisoned'' . . . which it turns out he wasn't . . . which was ignored by the Western media (except the WSJ) . . . and ignored by Bill Browder.

Arrrgh! My first linked tweet. I'll never do it again.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

maybe they just believe there are no good people and everyone is teh bad

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The tittybaby being beaten into submission by RINOs is great fun to watch.
    Hopefully Jared will have a solution that will be amenable to all.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

At some point people will stop couching their criticisms with announcements that they are retiring and realize Trump will back down when confronted - like he always does.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  12. goalmouth

Lying with his eyes while his tiny hands are busy working overtime

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.