1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Who's they? The GOP establishment? No. Voters picked Trump. We know this. To the horror of the GOP now tied to him.

I give the GOP no credit for standing by the man. Zero. But if they could ditch him, they would. He's the only "Republican" who can win them a national election though.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's fair to say he's a manifestation of Fox News, yes. And all those other blowhard right-wing news organizations that the GOP catered to to gin up votes. That's true.

But Trump's stance on immigration horrifies the GOP. You must know this. The Kochs love undocumented immigrants. Most Republicans do. Cheap labor market to exploit.

If you think I'm water carrier for the GOP, ha. Uh, no.

But people forget fast around here. Really fast. Trump blinds people in that way. He's the worst president of my lifetime, but one of the most revealing, too.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If that klan had any guts, it would have evicted Trump months ago and encouraged everybody to give it a shot in 2020.
    But it likes the racism and the contempt for the poor.

4. tapintoamerica

Years ago, I think a professor at Northwestern and his class identified Mark Felt as Deep Throat by intensely studying linguistic patterns in All The President’s Men. Now they’ve got a new project.

garrow likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That's BS. They sure as shit can ditch him. But won't. He's exactly what the fucking party has been building toward.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

They're staring an opportunity to ditch him right in the face. And they'd be able to replace him with a much more establishment-type, malleable conservative in Pence. And yet ....

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I remember thinking that Trump’s birtherism would damage him in the eyes of GOP primary voters.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

We get the leaders we deserve, including republicans getting the cowardly GOP leadership.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Mike Pence for what? 8-9 months of stooge presidency? Yes, they could do that. They’re not going to win the political tournament with him.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

You said they'd ditch him if they could. They can. They choose not to do so.

11. tapintoamerica

So is winning more important than the health and reputation of the country and the ideals it claims to b uphold?

UNCGrad likes this.
  12. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

The GOP has at every turn refused to resist Trump, or put up token resistance then caved to him in short order. He controls the party now. Trump is the GOP and the GOP is Trump. They will be branded by their association with him for years, if not decades, to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.