1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

I'll stop to make coffee in a second.

I really liked that last one, because he's going to have a hard time explaining it.

"According to the Post, the Trump administration “has sought repeatedly to cut foreign aid programs tasked with combating corruption in Ukraine and elsewhere overseas” even though the White House has insisted that it is laser-focused on promoting good governance in the country.

Among other things, the White House tried to cut a program called International Narcotics Control and Law Enforcement that sent $30 million to Ukraine that helped fund the country’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau and Special Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office.

Another key program aimed at fighting corruption, the Economic Support and Development Fund, allocated $250 million to Ukraine in 2018 — but the White House requested that funding be cut to just $145 million in 2020.

“The cuts to anti-corruption aid stand in contrast to recent claims from administration officials and the president himself about being focused on corruption in Ukraine, raising the question of why the White House has not sought a larger budgetary commitment to addressing the issue,” the Post reports. “Democrats have largely dismissed the White House’s insistence that Trump was focused on corruption, but White House officials continue to say it was a primary reason the military aid was held up.”

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Things seem to be going smoothly today.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Alma-
    Do you feel it difficult to hide your agreement with the MAGA agenda?
    I'd imagine it's a little like being a closeted gay.

BadgerBeer and TigerVols like this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to process him writing that Trump isn't the GOP.

Jesus H. Christ, that is stupid.

On this history of this board, that is approaching the stupid of the Sundevil guy who implied that the soccer ref who got killed, kinda sorta had it coming.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

All white now, baby, it's-a all white now.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Looks like a gang of white supremacists.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course, Gaetz's gestapo broke all kinds of security laws, including carrying cell phones into a closed-door session.

Another Brooks Brothers Riot.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That's my prediction. About an hour after the articles arrive to the Senate, Mitch calls an immediate vote and bang! it's all over. #thecouphasalreadyhappened.

Pundits just do not understand how Mitch and Trump are Putin agents through and through.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. Neutral Corner

Carrying cell phones into a SCIF could get you jailed.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.