1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I disagree that more sanctions were the answer, but I applaud you not just YankeeFanning the question away with a post about Hillary Clinton.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. That money had already been awarded to victims families in lawsuits.

2. We gave them more than money.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with stronger measures than that, but I know that I'm in the minority and OK with disagreement.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They won't have any "replacement," ever.

Except to go back to the previous status quo of the insurance companies Fucking us up the ass to their heart's content.

That's the "plan."

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They should GO, then conspicuously refuse to shake Fucko's syphillis-dripping disease-infected hand, then when he starts talking, get up, spit on the floor and match out of the room with your middle fingers raised high.

Make it a shit show for the ages.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Remember when not going to the White House was disrespectful?

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The fact that you evaded actually answering my question, and instead had to resort to alleged manufacturing traces to address it, only reinforces my point.

I just find it rather odd that the country the Trump administration insists on labeling our "Number 1" terrorist threat has actually had ZERO terrorists involved in attacks on Americans this century. Meanwhile, the country whose terrorists have by far killed the most Americans during this era--Saudi Arabia--is one we not only refuse to sanction, but bend over backwards to kiss its ass at every opportunity.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  9. YankeeFan

You're kidding, right?

You don't think there's a difference between a shitty homemade IED and one made by experts?

I'm not making this up:

New York Times, 2007

The most lethal weapon directed against American troops in Iraq is an explosive-packed cylinder that United States intelligence asserts is being supplied by Iran.

The assertion of an Iranian role in supplying the device to Shiite militias reflects broad agreement among American intelligence agencies, although officials acknowledge that the picture is not entirely complete.

In interviews, civilian and military officials from a broad range of government agencies provided specific details to support what until now has been a more generally worded claim, in a new National Intelligence Estimate, that Iran is providing “lethal support” to Shiite militants in Iraq.

The focus of American concern is known as an “explosively formed penetrator,” a particularly deadly type of roadside bomb being used by Shiite groups in attacks on American troops in Iraq. Attacks using the device have doubled in the past year, and have prompted increasing concern among military officers. In the last three months of 2006, attacks using the weapons accounted for a significant portion of Americans killed and wounded in Iraq, though less than a quarter of the total, military officials say.

Deadliest Bomb in Iraq Is Made by Iran, U.S. Says

Washington Post, 2011

U.S. officials have previously accused Iran of supplying weapons and training to Iraqi insurgents, although details have been scant. In a 2009 report on global terrorism, the State Department accused Iran of providing Iraqi militant groups with “advanced rockets, sniper rifles, automatic weapons and mortars” for use against coalition forces. The report also accused Iran of increasingly the lethality of the roadside bombs, or IEDs, that militants were using to blow up U.S. military vehicles.

Iranian groups “provided training both inside and outside of Iran for Iraqi militants in the construction and use of IED technology and other advance weaponry,” the document said. Separately, the Justice Department in 2008 indicted a group of Iranian businessmen in the purchase of sophisticated electric circuits and other hardware that were later used to make roadside bombs in Iraq.

Perhaps the most specific evidence until now of direct Iranian support for attacks on U.S. troops came in May 2009 after the discovery of a cache of weapons in a riverbank in Iraq’s eastern Maysan province, a majority-Shiite enclave that borders Iran. The cache included 150 copper plates that had been professionally milled for use in a particularly deadly type of device known as “explosively formed projectile” bombs. The cache also included sophisticated launching rails for rockets that are designed to increase range and accuracy. It was later linked to an Iraqi militia that U.S. officials say is trained and equipped by Iran.

Weapons prove Iranian role in Iraq, U.S. says

Millitary Times, 2015

At least 500 U.S. military deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan were directly linked to Iran and its support for anti-American militants — a newly disclosed statistic that offers grim context for the Obama administration's diplomatic deal with the Iranian regime aimed at curtailing the rogue nation's nuclear ambitions.

That figure underscores the controversy surrounding Washington's deal with Tehran, a long-sought goal for the president — but one that is fiercely opposed by many Republicans in Congress and other critics.

Many of those estimated 500 deaths occurred during the so-called surge in Iraq, when President George W. Bush ordered an influx of tens of thousands of troops to confront what had devolved into a sectarian civil war. Scores of American personnel were killed or maimed by highly lethal bombs, known as explosively formed penetrators, or EFPs, that Iran manufactured and supplied to Shiite militias across the border in Iraq. Many EFPs were powerful enough to destroy U.S. Humvees and breach tank hulls.

iran-linked-to-deaths-of-500-us-troops-in-iraq-afghanistan

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

POTUS offering to ruin a state senator.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm saying if Iran is manufacturing it, it's not "improvised." But instead of apologizing for your error, you are sending me stuff from fake news sites. Sad!

12. YankeeFan

They fund Hamas and Hezbollah.

Iran is a terror exporting state. There is no disputing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.