1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I was around in the Sixties, sonny boy. It's time to step back up into the big leagues of "disrespectful."

[​IMG]

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They manufacture roadside bombs that killed some 500 American troops.

Better?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No tears. Just another example of President Trump embarrassing himself with an awful nominee who is clearly unqualified for the position.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction!

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Policy is a part of it, but her lack of qualifications for the job are the reason she should not be confirmed. I knew I disagreed with her policies all along, but it was after her embarrassingly awful performance in the confirmation hearing that it became clear she had no business even getting a nomination, much less a confirmation. I've met high school students with a better grasp of educational policy than DeVos.

Of course, YF and others supporting her don't care that she isn't qualified. They are happy to have terrible choices in these positions as long is it is a Republican doing the choosing.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Dick Whitman likes this.
  6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

His Whataboutism kicked in again.

TowelWaver and Smallpotatoes like this.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

For the record, it's hard for me to get the vapors over a country supplying weapons to one side in a war when we are supplying the other side.

It's what countries do.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean they're "Number 1", which was the Trump assertion that prompted this exchange. And that's especially so if we're talking about threats to America, as the object of Hezbollah and Hamas' ire is Israel, not the United States, and they have engaged in no attacks upon American targets in several decades.

Conversely, the terrorist organizations that DO target Americans--Al Qaeda and ISIS--most certainly receive NO support from Iran, as they are avowed enemies of Iran, and instead tend to receive their money, men and support through the Gulf States whose asses we kiss instead of sanction.

Hence why it seems odd that the president who claims to put "America First!" labels Iran our number 1 threat, while giving Saudi Arabia a free pass.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

If they don't have the courage to stand up to him, they are complicit in what he's doing.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It seems the state senator's offense is daring to suggest that civil asset forfeiture laws need to be changed to criminal asset forfeiture laws.

Small-town police departments have gotten rich off civil asset forfeiture in Texas. They don't want the cash train to stop.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

DeVos, 50-50. Pence taking the chair to provide tie breaking vote.

Dems can't stop any of Trump's nominees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.