1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

How so?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Questioning the substance of his testimony is perfectly fair.

Questioning his loyalty to his country is out of bounds.

This isn’t hard.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Uhh, did you think they weren't activist before Trump? Have you read a good biography of J. Edgar Hoover? Or a history of the CIA?

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They were. I have. I have not, but I know it.

I think we've entered a new realm. Perhaps to get a president out of office who shouldn't be there, but, with that accomplishment will come some new...something. I don't know what exactly.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The CIA seemed pretty activist when they were pouring water up Khalid Sheikh Mohammed’s nostrils.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Entering the realm of patriotic officials reporting the criminal activity of a president is a realm we should all be good with.

Smallpotatoes and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I guess. This doesn't strike me as among the more egregious things Trump has done that we know about - or has done that they may know about.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It's a crime and impeachable. Has he done far worse? Fuck yeah. Capone went away for tax evasion.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Lots of things are impeachable. I do think he'll get impeached on this.

I just kind of wonder if he got turned in on this for reasons other than it being a crime and impeachable, is my point. If we invade Iran - or, you know, hit back after the drone thing - are we having this conversation? Does that make sense?

Feels like our law enforcement, military and intelligence communities found Jesus because they didn't have their usual run of the place.

It's probably the cynic in me.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Vindman's opening statement: "I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine."

The call transcript: The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me.

I mean, the transcript contains no demand. It's odd that such an inaccurate word would make it into the opening statement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.