1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Isn't anyone else interested and excited by the possibility of a Fireside Chat with Fatfuck reading the very fine "transcript"? I would think that could be gold Jerry, gold!

lakefront and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And they'll want real fire too. Except someone will forget to open the damper.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

He wasn’t carrying for protection. There were state troopers there to protect the rally, as there are for any sort of gathering on the Capitol grounds that might draw a large crowd or counter protests (this event had neither).

Most likely the purpose in carrying the rifle was for display and support for the open-carry law.

There are a few reasons not to carry a rifle in that manner, especially should you actually need to use it, but the Oklahoma open-carry law has no requirement for any training or education before you tote a gun. Unfortunately folks who think that they now can legally carry firearms whenever and wherever they like might not be aware that there are still some restrictions on firearm possession (They’re still forbidden in the Capitol building where the law was passed.)

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah, I know. I was just mocking the open carry dolts.

(BTW, I was in your beautiful state a couple of weeks ago. Three damn hours to wait to have lunch at the Pioneer Woman's restaurant!?! Amazing what she's done in that town.)

7. Oggiedoggie

Pawhuska has a bit of history, not all of it good.

A movie based on the book “Killers of the Flower Moon” is supposed to film there, soon.

Largely because I’ve been overexposed to Pioneer Woman hype, I haven’t been to her restaurant.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I read that when it came out. Fantastic book about a horrible chapter of our history. I couldn't remember if her husband's family was mentioned in it or not. Given their long history in the area, I figured some of his forefathers might have made an appearance in the book.

The 10-year-old is enamored with TPW and has actually started baking some of Ree's recipes. We opted to just wait in line for 30 minutes in the bakery for snacks - rather than three hours for the restaurant or 90 minutes of the pizza joint across the street. I'd really be interested to read an economic impact study of what she's done to that town.

Oggiedoggie likes this.
  9. Oggiedoggie

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.