1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nobody even bothers anymore. ...

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CFR-2007-title5-vol3/pdf/CFR-2007-title5-vol3-sec2635-702.pdf

§ 2635.702 Use of public office for private gain. An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the employee is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations. The specific prohibitions set forth in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section apply this general standard, but are not intended to be exclusive or to limit the application of this section.

Webster, garrow and TigerVols like this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There are other candidates still very much in the race who embody some or all of those qualities. As usual, you have posted utter bullshit in your desperation to support anybody or anything that Putin might like.

TigerVols likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ok, guys, this is mostly an Alabama story, but good lord has it gotten crazy. Short form: Al. Dem. Party has been very corrupt and incompetent. DNC has finally taken official notice and has ruled that there must be a clean leadership election or there will be no accredited Al. delegation at the Dem Convention. Meeting of reform faction was to take place to hold that vote. Existing party leadership has disregarded and ruled out of order previous such meetings. Judge with ties to Joe Reed, local Dem kingmaker on the way out, issues injunction blocking that meeting Friday at 4:59 pm. State Supreme Court stays the injunction at 6:45.

All sorts of hell has been breaking loose. Go to Kyle Whitmire's twitter @WarOnDumb and skim just this weekend. He's a very good local investigative guy, and he's got background story and video up.

The kicker was that Dem Chair Nancy Worley, who along with Reed has been a huge cork in the ass of the Al. party, butt-dialed a strategy conversation (apparently with Reed) on Friday night, over her FB messenger. Some of the wrong people were on the call list, and they broadcast live and recorded the call. She's heard worrying that they'll need a U-Haul for her office Monday, over legal bills, and talking about trying to get $100k of party funds set aside for legal fees before the accounts get locked down. Giulani, hold my beer.

Reed and Worley have been voted out. New Chair is Chris England, very smart up and comer in the Al lege. Vice is Patricia Todd, who was the first openly gay member of the Al. lege served in the House from 2006 to 2018.

Anyhow, just hit Kyle's twitter and scan last Friday and Saturday. This has been a full on palace coup, even if it was long past due.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Neutral, I thank you for having over the years instructed me in the total lunacy of Alabama politics. I always thought it was just real dull retrograde Southern Republicanism. How wrong I was!

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

6. Neutral Corner

No shit, read Kyle's feed just from Friday on. You'll get a big shot of the recent history and a trip to the circus to boot. I followed three reporters including Kyle as they live tweeted the meeting in mid-October where Nancy defied Tom Perez, ruled out-of-order the new DNC approved bylaws, and did it with Harold Ickes in the audience. He was denied the right to speak.

Deep split on display at Alabama Democrats’ meeting

"The status of the bylaws was one of the main issues for today’s meeting, which drew 161 members, compared to 78 that attended the Oct. 5 meeting. The DNC had approved the bylaws adopted at the Oct. 5 meeting, which were set aside today.

Harold Ickes, a member of the Rules & Bylaws Committee of the DNC, said the failure to follow those bylaws undermined what the SDEC did today. Ickes attended today’s meeting as well as the one on Oct. 5.

“The actions taken here, because they were not following the bylaws adopted last Saturday, are not going to be recognized by the DNC,” Ickes said.

7. Neutral Corner

I didn't mean to sound snotty above. Yeah, Al politics is just plain nuts, on both sides. Open corruption to an astonishing degree, ignorance true or feigned, justice delayed or denied, it is an amazing thing to watch. Makes me want to puke sometimes as well, of course. I continue to be amazed that Trump has brought a degree of lunacy, venality, and frequency of scandal that exceeds even Alabama to the federal level.

Former Alabama Speaker of the House Mike Hubbard was convicted on 13 of 27 corruption charges forty months ago and has yet to spend a day in jail.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Pray...for US

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Cruelty is the point

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. Della9250