1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Shrug. UAB - UT was our body bag game. We're there for the $1.5m, the experience for players, families and fans, the recruiting. Start any game with four straight turnovers, you lose. Defense held for the FG three straight times, then finally gave up the TD. Offense was completely nonexistent. That's the second 4 turnover game for Johnston, and he completely lost his poise. TV had a stat I'll approximate from memory, but with about four minutes left in the half UT had run 24 (might have been 27) plays on the UAB side of the fifty, and UAB had run three on the UT side.

Defense remains legit, though. Contending with five turnovers and on the field for entirely too much time, they held UT to 121 rushing, 180 passing, 5-13 on 3rd down. That's with three returning starters. They held up their end.

Sure, we wanted a landmark win vs. UTK, but we made far too many mistakes to overcome, plus the memory of losing to GSU was still fresh. They've started to put it together over the last few games. Bottom line is that this game was an expected loss and is meaningless compared to the upcoming games with Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech, and North Texas, the other three teams at the top of C-USA West. We're 3-1 in conference with a woeful UTEP yet to come, so those games are where things will be decided.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Oh Lord, please, I been good...

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No way it happens. Trump will be re-elected as President of the Confederate State’s of America. Big 12 & SEC & Notre Dame

6. Neutral Corner

I love it that he tweets alone. He's responsible for what he writes, and it is often easy to discern when he tweets as opposed to a staffer.

7. Neutral Corner

A guy can hope. Don't harsh my happy vibes.

8. Neutral Corner

What I find vastly amusing is that Hubbard and the R's won a wave election by running on a platform of ethics reform and driving out the corrupt Democrats. Hubbard as Speaker got his package of ethics and anti-corruption laws passed. Then when he was caught at various corruption and insider dealings and convicted, he appealed on the grounds that the laws that he wrote were unduly harsh and unconstitutional.

The sheer gall of that is still astonishing.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Apparently, it's real.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Burn a few crosses, lynch a few sharecroppers and molest some cheerleaders. Beats playing golf

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The ins(h)annity.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This is going to cause such a logistical nightmare for the fans there...I support it 100 percent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.