1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FATUS, his enablers and supporters are the Devil. Way worse than Keyser Soze.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She keeps Moët et Chandon
    In her pretty cabinet
    "Let them eat cake,"
    she says,
    just like Marie Antoinette

Slacker likes this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’m old enough to remember when he was a hack comic doing The Byron Allen Show after Saturday Night Live.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd come home from the bars on Saturday night and he'd be on after Showtime At the Apollo interviewing actors on TV and film junkets. Like I said, never thought the quality of his work was great - but I do admire his drive.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Lindsey had a pretty conspicuous bandage near his temple during that interview.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Somebody remind me how long it's been since Clinton was president?

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Juanita Broaddrick can go the fuck away. Also, everyone is believing shit from James O'Keefe now? Come the fuck on.

8. DanOregon

Don Jr: Dad Isn't Racist, Let Me 'Hang Out With Michael Jackson'

Forget racist, how about "good parent?"

The Broadderick stuff kind of points to the issue underlying "MeToo" - money, power, access. Speak up and lose some or all. Broadderick and others like the Epstein accusers didn't have status to lose in making their claims, so their charges were dismissed at first. I still don't see what Epstein's friends saw in him, unless it was just another donor/philanthopist you put up with for the occassional check.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

Trump's entire defense is "it's a witch hunt" followed by evidence being released and a "so what, the process is terrible." Listened to a Why is This Happening podcast with Ted Cruz and he showed tremendous ethical flexibily - trying to make the point that the impeachment quest is bogus simply because it is being led by Democrats who want Trump out of office.
    He launched so many fallacies, straw-men arguments in a single quote, Chris Hayes couldn't keep up. And it bugs me because Cruz is a smart person and he mentioned Reagan repeatedly. I wanted Hayes to ask him if this is no longer Reagan's GOP but is not Trump's GOP? That legislators will have large portraits and sculptures of Trump in their offices 20 years after he is dead.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

Three counties still out, but probably not enough votes unless they all go 90-10. Pretty significant result - as of September, Kentucky was fourth highest in net approval for Trump behind only West Virginia, Bama, and Miss.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.