1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I've been arguing this for years. In fact, I think people who don't have kids should be the ones getting tax breaks, instead of the other way around. If I haven't had a kid that means one less person who needs to be educated, insured, or put through the court and prison system if he's a jagoff.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

But who would pay @Starman's Social Security and Medicare?

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Maybe everyone in America should get an individualized tax bill for only the services they use.

doctorquant likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who's right, Gallup or Reuters?

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'll duck as I write this: Given that we have a holy shitload of people in prison - which accounts for at least part of the decline in the murder rate, I assure you - it's alarming that, in an age of mass surveillance, murders are going up as they have.

Trump's solution to this...I'm not quite sure what it is, actually. Law and order, I guess. More cops? Loosening laws to allow quasi-despot behavior? A couple Batmans?

Ace likes this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You're focusing on the downsides. The average new person is a net gain for the economy. And moreso if they are educated.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

When you click on the link, 50.2 % isn't what appears.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Right. Because they'll be paying off $150,000 in student loan debt while they get consumerism shoved down their throats.

Ace and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No!

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Under Ohio law, he's eligible to vote as soon as he's out of the clink. Wonder which party he's likely to favor in that year's midterms?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why would you put your money on that? Sounds like an overly optimistic assumption given what we have seen from him so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.