1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The Democrats played their part in it.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Stoney likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I didn't dispute that point, but they didn't vote for the guy. The people who truly own this are the ones who voted for Trump or the ones who failed to vote.

service_gamer and heyabbott like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Cash me ousside. Howbow dah!

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They did and their arrogance, undeserved self righteousness and sense of entitlement gave us a coronation of Hillary. And Hillary begat Trump. Team Hillary pushed out any real competition. SHe pushed out Biden. And the Democrat Party made it clear to get out of Hillary's way of they wanted a political future. Instead of a cake walk over a mentally defunct game show host, she lost. Lesson not learned with Pelosi pushing her way to stay in power, whatever power that is.

BUT, it took me a long time but I've come to the conclusion that white middle America, while honestly fearful for their future , couldn't stand the thought that a black man was not only President, but smarter than they were, just a superior person. They couldn't fathom it and to follow that with a flawed emotionally chilled and power hungry woman who smarter than they are was just too much. Trump spoke their jibberish, the recess bully with the big mouth was who they wanted to be because that's all they can imagine. They know they wont be the smart one, the hard worker, the ass kisser and the accomplished student. They were tired of looking up to a President they had no chance of identifying with, physically and intellectually, so they elected the most puerile narccisst in history

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

By almost all accounts I've read, the President pretty much can set immigration policy at his discretion and has been able to do so for decades under the most recent revamp of immigration law in the 1960s. That includes cutting off certain nations deemed a threat for whatever reason.
    So Trump's ban might be bad policy, it might be unpopular, but I'm not seeing a good explanation of why it's blatantly unconstitutional. It appears to be pretty cut and dried that he has the law on his side.

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

And that is why every single court has ruled against it so far.

Ace and TowelWaver like this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yes, but his screw-ups in execution (e.g., confusion over green-card holders) opened the door to just this sort of thing (and the constitutionality of the President as sole arbiter really isn't as established as you might think). Don't ever let anyone tell you that dotting i's and crossing t's isn't important.

TowelWaver, Batman and Michael_ Gee like this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Agreed with Dr. Q. A more considered EO issued oh, around St. Patrick's Day with some vetting probably sails through. But toddlers test boundaries.

TowelWaver likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hell, as we saw from the list of "undercovered" terrorist attacks, spelling isn't even important to this administration.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So the white man is mentally and emotionally inferior to the black man?
    It's a miracle I can even tie my shoes in the morning without curling up in the fetal position.

Trying to answer why Trump was elected is like trying to answer what started World War I. There are a hundred different causes. Among them is this important one that keeps getting overlooked: The Democrats told white middle America to fuck off.
    Democrats said that not only did they not need white middle America to implement their agenda, they didn't want them, and white middle America would probably even hinder the process.
    Democrats keep wanting to blame racism, the stupidity of white middle America, and a lot of other stuff that might or might not have played varying roles in the outcome. They refuse to admit that they thought they could win without that segment of the population, that they actively distanced themselves from it assuming they could rely on old voting patterns and blind loyalties, and they were wrong.

SpeedTchr and cyclingwriter2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.