1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

lcjjdnh likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Result of a Preibus-Pence intervention?

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm probably naive here, but why is the incoming NSA talking to the ambassador of another country such a diabolical thing? I would assume, especially in instances where there's a pretty big W.H. change aborning, that such is routine.

Batman and YankeeFan like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Maybe California has firemen on permanent vacation like that, I don't know. It's damn sure not true in Alabama.

We used to use firemen as part time help in the physician's office where I worked. They basically functioned as LPN's, taking histories, vital signs, giving shots, etc. Those were the hardest working guys I knew. They'd work full time in one city, part time as a fireman in another municipality, and most had a side job of some sort. They did not make enough money as firemen (with two jobs) so they'd start a landscaping business or something on the side.

Add in that thing about running *into* burning buildings. One of the guys I worked with was killed when he went in the front door of a house on fire. He had no way of knowing that the basement was fully involved and that the floors had been weakened. He fell through the floor into the basement, and his bunker gear was pulled off over his head as he went through. At least it was fast... but you know that was a horrible way to go.

Cut the boys some slack.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"pour encourager les autres"?

franticscribe likes this.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I hear firing squads are back in vogue.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I agree.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yeah, but firemen never have to deal with high school football deadlines without pizza. It's all relative

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Simply talking to the Russian ambassador isn't diabolical, although it doesn't look great given the specific circumstances.

What was said, though, could be criminal. What the Post story described sounds like a violation of the little-used Logan Act, which prohibits unauthorized persons from negotiating with foreign governments on U.S. policy matters.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There was also the thought that the office would modulate trump's maniacal egotism. Instead, it seems to embolden his irrationality Conway Bannon Flynn feed his ego and therefore I believe that faction will prevail.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Why is the Logan Act "little-used"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.