1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Dale and the rest of the media riding new jobs and book deals b/c FATUS will be out of a job come November. More fuckheads.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

So are you suggesting that Trump, Pompeo and Giuliani may have been up to something unseemly and if it were to be uncovered by a reporter this presidency would be over?

lakefront likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It says a lot that this is the part they previewed. Coronavirus, Middle East Peace, etc. Instead it's Hannity playing George Fenneman to Groucho Marx. (admittedly a dated reference) Ed McMahon to The Great Carsoni? Seth Meyers to Drunk Uncle?

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"The latest Nickelback concert."

[​IMG]

"Name something that had the same number of witnesses as Trump's impeachment trial."

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

There are countless crooks in this administration and doing some digging on any single one of them would be more productive than the low-calorie journalism he's doing.

We all know Trump's a repeat public liar - even his own 'people' do. There is no value chronicling the lies and literally counting them.

It's the equivalent of busy work.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think we've seen pretty conclusively that digging into any of them is a colossal waste of time. There's plenty of reporting there, adding up to nothing.

I think having someone fact-checking his speeches is fairly valuable.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

They're going to suck that old titty for all the milk it's got.

Hey, it's a good gig when Maddow can spend part of her show promoting her new book and then most of the next show doing the same.

My mother is obsessed with this subject (way more than I am) and I have gotten the chance to read/skim a lot of these books as they've come down the pike.

Only one worth a damn I've seen was Woodward and the recent book co-authored by Phil Rucker.

When Omorosa's in the pool with everybody else you know it's not very deep.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Not gonna look for it right now, but wasn't there someone who wanted to add a "Book of Trump" to the Bible?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He went to Jared.

garrow likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.