1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The "toxic effect he's had on the younger generation" can be seen just off college campuses where Trump flags hang in apartment and frat house windows and at the lake and beach where college kids pose by the water in their MAGA caps.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Polls and analyses of the 2018 vote support the author's thesis. In a nation of 330 million, every demographic will have numerous adherents to every political and social position extant.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Let's be honest though - there isn't anyone else who can be the next Trump. He's a singular personality - no one else has the 40 years of backstory to get away with what Trump gets away with. The "next" Trump won't be the one who gets Trump's blessing, but the one who kneecaps him, the same way Trump blew away the Bush hold on the party.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Would David Koresh have voted for Trump?

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

He'd probably be a faith advisor in Trump's cabinet.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't think we know - at all - what the effect will be on younger generations. We may find out in the next election.

8. Neutral Corner

I think that a lot of that will depend on the state and the campus involved. I'm sure that there are a lot of young Trumpers at Alabama. At UAB, one of the most diverse campuses in the nation, the percentages would undoubtedly be different. Even at 'Bama, Trumpism is far from universal among the young.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't know what Franklin Graham's on about there, but the conflicting messages our culture vultures send about sexual expression is fascinating.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Shouldn't be too hard. Most of the '16 campaign staff is already assembled there!

Twirling Time likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

I think my wife's reaction was fairly normal. Overall she enjoyed the show, but it still got a big eye-roll and a "Sex sells" comment. It's not entirely usual to watch a a singer on a stage that size and know beyond any doubt that she shaves/trims the hell out of her muff.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.