1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Did you just watch The Office?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Iowa - after very careful consideration, I've determined that your new app sucks. I keep having a vision of an oldster and a millenial arguing about the proper way to do math.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just catching up here, but seems the only proper ending is for Chuckles the Clown to announce the final results.

6. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

In the words of Rustin Cohle, "I can’t decide if it’s a cover up or the garden-variety incompetence here."

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

My God, what a shitshow.

OscarMadison and Alma like this.
  8. DanOregon

The Democratic Party is leaving Iowa united - against ever doing this Iowa nonsense ever again.

9. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

So maybe a rotation of those four states? Or couldn't the same be said about a state more diverse than Iowa?

Everyone's coming out and doing their victory speech now. What one of them really needs to say is, "You had a good run, Iowa. We're gonna give South Carolina some run now. Good luck with the corn."

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

What a mess. Enough with fucking Iowa. The stare just ended its unwarranted status as “first.”

No matter the results, nobody won.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Klobuchar was smart to grab the moment and do the first speech. She didn't know what was happening any better than we did, but there were a ton of available cameras and reporters who needed something to do.

BadgerBeer and OscarMadison like this.
  12. DanOregon

I'd like to see the DNC make a clear decision moving Iowa to the end of the line by Wednesday, with no room for backsliding. Too often people whine about Iowa for a couple of days then they move on to NH and three years later potential candidates start making speeches in Iowa again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.