1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

So did you.

What's "outside the big cities" mean? Which cities are those? And what's a "shit job," exactly?

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Reminder: Calling Obama "the magic negro" gets you a presidential medal.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Oh, the irony, my eyeballs scorched by the colors of the International Red Cross!

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He ran against the most polarizing Democrat in history. OTOH the democrats spent 3 years going out of their way to placate Hillary even though she sucked rusty nails as a candidate. And they have also done little to find candidates that would either win over MPR Dems and independents or find a Progressive Hero. Bernie and Warren are tired and uninspired except to their core which is minuscule compared with trump's base. African Americans are playing FUCK YOU WHITEY by failing to actively support any democrat. They don't seem to mind watching the whole house burn down because they don't see it as their house anyway. A rational, if short sighted, view point. Dems paid more than lip service to progressive and African American issues, trump will actively shit on those issues. Trump doesn't need to add to the base if dems just sit it out and independents believe the left to more left than trump is to the right.

maumann and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think you could. Democrats started losing local races because they don't care enough about them - or didn't until Trump.

And the Democratic platform makes it very hard to win local races because, in states where some of the Democrats' pet issues don't matter much, you still have candidates having to shill for those pet issues to satisfy primary voters.

The Internet - and Twitter - has intensified this. I've seen good local candidates prattle on about police brutality happening 1,000 miles away. And I'm no "yay cops!" person. But what difference does it make to a local election?

On the flip side of the coin, the national Democratic leaders have made it super-hard for local Democrats to have sensible immigration positions for their communities. And forget abortion - that's out the door now.

maumann and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

That's why when ever someone says "He's your president, " my stock answer is "Maybe he should start acting like it. "

lakefront likes this.
  9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

what do you want him to say that he was a mediocre or mundane negro your tds is showing again

BadgerBeer likes this.
  10. CD Boogie

I've met plenty of african-americans who will vote for Trump and would never freaking admit it, understandably so.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wait. Were you in the voting booth with them?

12. CD Boogie

Now do Republicans and how their national rants don't play locally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.