1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If the photo was photoshopped, that's a story.

Don't play this game where you make a claim, but say it's too small of an issue to spend any time presenting evidence to back the claim.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why not? You present unsubstantiated bullshit all the time.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Warren is three years younger than Trump. Let's face it, to him, any woman over 25 is 100 years old.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'll do what I like, Spicey.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Hillary should not and will not run (I hope).

And I think Warren is too far left to win. As is Sanders. Like Biden, but doubt he'll run and age is an issue.

I'm not sure the person who gets the Dem nomination is well known at the moment. Too many variables before the process gets going in two years.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Link? #couldntresist

bigpern23 and YankeeFan like this.
  7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I could see Brown be a front-runner depending on how the next couple of years go. I don't think Booker will run in 2020 but I could see him doing well if he did. If he waited and ran in 2028 he would still be in his 50s.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The notorious celebrity-and beauty-obsessed corporatist MSM picks on everybody for every reason, but has been curiously quiet on the fact that Fucko, who paints himself as a sooper sexy steamy hottie, is a fucking fatass loadbag.

They let him have it a little bit a week or so ago with the Fatassgate airport picture, but then let it drop.

I thought we were supposed to be breaking loose of the shackles of political correctness and "telling it like it is," so let's tell it like it is: he's a bloated bag of flab.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's adorable that Team Trump thinks a scandal could derail a presidential campaign...

dixiehack likes this.
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I seem to remember that Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter weren't well-known either going in ....

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trump will have a primary opponent. I stand by that. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

As for the Dems...Jeff Bezos. That'd give people something to think about. I wouldn't love him as a candidate, but...

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They weren't complete unknowns, although Carter was pretty close. Clinton and Obama had both been seen as "rising stars" for several years.

The Democratic national picture was kind of a mess in the 1970s. People were standing around waiting to see if Ted Kennedy ever would, or ever could, recover from Chappaquiddick.

McGovern had gotten royally ass-kicked in 1972 so no new-wave Sixties-hippie type had a chance. The GOP had self destructed in Watergate so it seemed like an opening for an "outsider " to come out of nowhere. That turned out to be Carter.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.