1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

End near for Flynn?

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Machine Head likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

I'm not shocked Trump took a top secret intel briefing in the main dining room at Mar-A-Lago. That seems fitting. He wants to show off his importance.

But I am stunned the guy carrying the nuclear football agreed to be photographed with a member of the club.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The article from dixiehack's post above, I screwed up:

Donald Trump could help Patrick Park realize ambassador dream

Holy fuck, is this real life?

The dude is really, really pumped:

Park is thrilled.

“My uncle Col. Samuel Radow was one of the most decorated officers in the U.S. Army, earning medals in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Every major medal. Five Silver Star clusters, three Purple Hearts, six bronze stars, the French Legion of Honor. “

Jeepers, that’s a lot of bling even by Palm Beach’s showy standards.

“My father was in the Air Force and my stepfather was a Navy man,” he continued. “They served our country and their president. I would be thrilled to serve my country and President Trump if I have the chance. I have known this man almost 20 years. Seeing the great things he has done makes me want to be part of his team. I’m excited beyond words.”

I get that these positions aren't for those steeped in policy, but JFC:

Park said he’s already started boning up in order to be ready if and when the call comes.

“I had a chance to talk to the Swiss and Hungarian ambassadors at the Red Cross Ball and at the diplomats’ dinner the night before,” he said. “They want me to visit them in Washington, and the Austrian ambassador in Washington said he wants us to go for lunch. See? I’m already working!”

First thing on his unofficial to-do list?

“I’m flying to Vienna to check out the embassy, and then I’m going to Salzburg to see if the Von Trapp house is for rent,” he said, laughing. ”And then I’m going to learn to like schnitzel and sachertorte.”

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

California is the only thing Fox News hates more than Hillary. It will be fine with the GOP.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Christ I hope they keep the football away from our President.

If he ever asks for the football, I hope they tell him Rosie said mean things about him and then give him his phone so he can hit Twitter. Distraction always worked with my kids when they were young.

Smallpotatoes and TowelWaver like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Oh Spicy ...

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think it's only a matter of time before Trump wanders over to another table at Mar-a-Lago during one of these national security sessions and says, "we have this problem, fellas. Come on over, maybe you have some ideas."

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"HEYYYY guys, lookee here at this awesome nuclear control panel I got. It's the best! Hey, you wanna push some buttons? I wonder what this red one does? Nah, I don't know what all the blinking lights mean. Come sit on daddy's lap, Ivanka."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.