1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

He has trouble just holding up that massive melon.

2. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

“Biden’s win isn’t exactly a testament to his astounding political skills: He’d formally run for the nomination twice before, in 1988 and 2008, and failed after gaffe-filled campaigns both times. In his first run, Biden didn’t even make it to the 1988 primaries, dropping out in September 1987 amid plagiarism charges. In 2016, Biden finished fifth in the Iowa caucuses and dropped out the next day, having never really recovered after dismissing then-rival Sen. Barack Obama as “the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

Thus, in 2020, Biden was only a viable candidate because he’s a former two-term vice president for a still-popular former president.”

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

He has zero credibility. He’s one of those guys who was “ready to die anyways.”

5. Tweener

Let me ask you, though, what exactly is Biden going to do? He’s said nothing will fundamentally change.

I’m far from the only one who believes the wounds of this country have become far too deep for infinitesimal change.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Let’s start with Biden won’t lie to us and won’t call CV 19 a hoax and go from there.

That’s meaningful change to me.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Look I understand dreaming but the Civil Rights Act didn’t come immediately after Rosa Parks, it’s a gradual process. Always. Let’s start with showing Fatf**k the door and go from there.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Um you sure about that year ;)

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. Tweener

Yeah, whomever wrote the article that was posted by @Neutral Corner got that one wrong.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. Tweener

Yeah, we can agree there. I was responding, though, to the notion that Sanders wouldn’t have been able to get anything done if he were nominated and eventually elected. For those who have that opinion, I’m curious what they expect Biden to get done that Sanders couldn’t. Because I think most of us can agree that there needs to be some (major) change.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The American death toll from the pandemic has topped 14,000 in less than a month....but the ratings.....number one on Facebook....

HanSenSE and Webster like this.
  12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Get elected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.