1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The amount of campaign video fodder for Biden is going up exponentially every time this guy speaks

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

What do we do with the older at risk teachers?

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

He does not have the weight of the country/world on his shoulders. Only his own interests. And of course he is. lazy.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Among actual voters? Probably pretty high.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Girls of fifteen
    Sexually knowing

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Like Nixon, he feeds on the power. Nixon looked the same in 1974 as he looked in 1960. Plus, Trump hardly works at the job.

OscarMadison and Jesus_Muscatel like this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Devil's advocate here ... It's entirely likely the U.S. will suffer fewer deaths overall this year than the average year. With everyone at home, there will be fewer automobile deaths, gun deaths, accidental deaths, murders, flu deaths, other infectious disease deaths, etc.

And the President is going to take credit for all of those lower death rates. And his dumbass base is going to give him credit for it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  10. Spartan Squad

I agree with that except this guy basically wants us to reopen, consequences be damned. Of course doing so will overwhelm the healthcare system and businesses will suffer if all the employees are too sick to come in.

And to your point, I think my wife and I are getting a rebate on our car insurance thanks in part to decreased liability on the company's part. So few of us are driving (relatively speaking for the Bay Area) we're not getting into accidents at the normal rate.

bigpern23 likes this.
  11. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

All the times he's publicly said he wouldn't?

12. Spartan Squad

Touche. I'd hate to put my partner teacher at risk without mitigation. But smaller class sizes might help. Keep a 6-foot buffer at the front of the class and a fan blowing air out? I don't know. I had two ideas (one bad) and I'm done.

lakefront likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.