1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just completed a 15-minute "phone-call physical" with him. Chose 11 a.m., although 11:15, 11:45, noon, 12:30, 2:00 and 2:30 were also available.

Yeah, he's got a lot to do, I guess. :rolleyes:

None of that, by the way, excuses canceling an appointment without telling the patient. The ONLY reason I suspected anything was because I never received the usual reminder a day or two in advance.

Seems to be about 10 percent here (although their age groups are 45-54, 55-64, etc., so you don't get a clean "under 60" breakdown).

Table 2
    Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

BTE, what is it going to take for you to take this threat seriously? There are literally bodies staged in streets right now because there's nowhere to put them.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

His mail-order bride getting it is about the only thing that would.

JC likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Maybe because of Biden's age he needs to make the perfect VP pick.

But I'm doubtful that any vice presidential candidate, for either party, moves the needle all that much or brings in some supposed coalition that puts the presidential candidate over the top. Christ, Pappy Bush had lifeless mannequin Dan Quayle as his VP.

If I'm wrong, I'd love to see the data.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FATUS admin now at Swift's "A Modest Proposal" point in pandemic planning. Thank God they've never actually read it.

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I've had multiple sessions via various platforms with people who are seeing bodies stacked in trailers, one of my clients has a makeshift morgue within sight of her front windows. What is it going to take to convince people that this is real and it is killing folks?

33,387 dead in the US as of right now.

33k. That's a small town or a mid to large university or a large-market NHL sellout.

Are you jackasses who voted for that waste of protein proud of yourselves? Is your 401k worth it? I am so glad I'm not you. I am so glad I am not SO FUCKING STUPID that I'd buy whatever that rogues' gallery of subhuman filth is selling.

Grammarly says I sound "joyful." Go home, app, you're drunk.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I do recall a push for Bush to replace Quayle in 1992. He obviously didn’t do it.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The research on this topic indicates that the VP pick serves mostly to either give voters a positive or negative data point about the Presidential candidate. Pence was a positive data point for white evangelicals in 2016. In Biden's case, of course, this effect will be magnified because people know damn well he's gonna serve one term at most if elected. Biden himself was picked as a symbol that Obama was an unthreatening candidate to white people. His pick will be seen as his nominative successor, so she is much more likely to be an established national figure than someone like Abrams or the Mayors of Atlanta or Chicago (all have been mentioned).

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Even then he won’t.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You can take a threat seriously and still marvel at the randomness of certain actions.

---You can walk to the park. Or have a bus or taxi take you there. You just can't drive there and park.
    ---You can hit tennis balls here. You can't hit them 3 miles up the road.
    ---March 10: Wear a mask! March 16: Stop buying masks! They do no good! April 10: Wear a mask, dammit!
    ---The local Food Lion allows "only" 165 customers in the store at one time. Good a number as any, I guess, although I can't remember ever seeing that many people in the store --- even pre-pandemic.
    ---I can have a chiropractor do all kinds of adjustments to my bones, muscles and nerves. But I can't have a hair stylist trim my hair . . . even if said person is going to be WASHING IT when she's finished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.